There was much excitement over the weekend as we had our national Thermomix Roadshow; at which the new model Thermomix 5 was released.
The new model was a globally closely guarded secret, with most “tech savvy” consultants finding out only hours before the launch (due to launches overseas the evening before). To many on the day it was a big surprise!
The best news was that as a consultant we get to ‘earn’ a Thermomix 5, and many (including myself) managed to pick one up in the wee hours of Fathers Day morning!
The verdict – I love it!!
Thermomix is renowned for its “way of cooking”; and the new Thermomix 5 doesn’t disappoint. With the same functions as the previous (TM31) model; the key stand outs for me are summarised below:
– 2.2L Thermomix bowl
– 3.3L Varoma
– Scales that weigh in 5g increments to 3kg; with a maximum weight of 6kg
– You can use the scales whilst the blades are in motion (think weighing oil for mayonnaise whist the butterfly/whisk is spinning & emulsifying)
– Automated cooking – the TM5 sets the time/temp/speed for a few key recipes such as rice (by absorption); custard (with quantity and options of runny, standard or thick to suit your preference); and automated yoghurt which is “pot set” in the TM bowl with the temperature maintained for perfect yoghurt in approx 8 hours!!
– Guided Cooking – a ‘recipe chip’ attaches magnetically to the side of the Thermomix and guides you through your recipe of choice. All 180+ recipes in the Basic Cookbook are included with the chip that comes with the TM5; with the promise of new chips (to match books) in the future
– Manual Cooking – so that you can make your own recipes / conversions or follow the recipes for any other TM cookbooks; or tweak the process for the Guided Recipes to suit your tastes
– Temperature goes up to a maximum of 120 degrees now; allowing for caramelising for some foods/recipes
– Temperature can be increased in 5 degree increments to suit your requirements
– Ergonomic design including handle and multi-function dial
– Touch screen display
These are just a few of the features that stood out to me during the first 24 hours that I’ve owned it!! Check out the clip here
If you’d like to see it in action host a demo! Contact your consultant or Thermomix can put you in touch with one close to you. Cooking Classes are being confirmed for October.
The introductory price is $1989; until the 31st October; 2014. The RRP after that will be released on 1st November…
And the good news is that if you can see Thermomix as a great business to be involved with you can have the opportunity to earn yourself a new TM5 just like I did!! Ask me how!